Did you know that using the wrong hair products can leave your hair full and lifeless? We show you 10 tips for healthier hair, and it all starts with choosing the right shampoo for your hair type.
This article will have you caring for your hair every day in no time at all.
Tips on choosing the right shampoo for your hair type
Here’s a quick rundown of the most popular hair types and how to use products that match.
- Dry hair: Use a sulfate-free shampoo.
- Mildly to dry hair: Use a sulfate-free shampoo.
- Oil-based: Use a sulfate-free shampoo.
- Weak hair: Use a sulfate-free shampoo.
- Volumizing: Use a sulfate-free shampoo.
- Textured: Use a sulfate-free shampoo.
- Weak hair and weak scalp: Use a sulfate-free shampoo.
- Very strong hair and weak scalp: Use a sulfate-free shampoo.
- Treated hair: Use a sulfate-free shampoo.
- Very oily hair: Use a sulfate-free shampoo.
Now that you know your hair type and which products to use, it’s time to answer the most important question. What is the right shampoo for your hair type?
Conditioning your hair
When you shampoo, your body creates a chemical reaction that makes your scalp sweat, which will help your hair stay clean and get healthy. That’s all well and good, but it’s not enough to get the job done.
Your hair needs to be conditioned every day, to boost your hair’s health and encourage natural shine. The best shampoo for conditioning is a strengthening one. You want to go for sulfate-free products to help with damage repair, and formulas that contain organic oils, herbal extracts, and antioxidants.
Most shampoos come with conditioning properties built-in, and most of them are diluted. You’ll just need to apply a very small amount. For that reason, use a mild sulfate-free formula to start, and you’ll soon find that your hair can become very, very soft, shiny, and smooth.
Washing your hair
Washing your hair is crucial for the health and proper growth of your hair. The higher quality the washing, the healthier your hair will be. However, you must always be very careful when choosing the right shampoo.
There are so many brands and so many different types of shampoos, so it can be hard to know what works for your hair. So here are ten tips for choosing the right shampoo for your hair. Choose a cleansing conditioner first. The right cleansing conditioner is extremely important when choosing a shampoo.
Do not choose a shampoo without any conditioner in it at all. Some shampoos are specifically for specific hair types, so you have to go in and check if the shampoo you want to use is for your hair type.
Take about 20 minutes and apply a generous amount of your favourite hair oil to your hair, (I like Joico Hydrate) then, gently towel dry. You can start your styling routine immediately! No poofs Think back to the last time you rolled out of bed and immediately styled your hair. Most likely, it was straight down or sticking up all over the place.
There are certain products that give the perfect amount of volume for a “good hair day”. The best way to achieve a poofy look is to start the day with a leave-in conditioner and leave it to soak into your hair while you get ready.
Always wear your hair up. Doing the weekly chores, walking the dog, running errands or working on a Sunday should be on your agenda and not your hair.
Taming your hair
Here’s some tips for taming your hair;
- Use conditioner for weekly moisturising.
- Aloe vera gel is a natural moisturiser for damaged hair.
- Watermelon is a fruit that helps to restore moisture and elasticity of hair.
- Never use hot water when cleansing your hair. Use cold or lukewarm water instead.
- Use a natural herbal cream on your scalp to fight the dryness of your scalp and hair.
- Keep your hair away from all metallic items to avoid a dry hair look.
- Always shampoo your hair before swimming in the ocean. Ridding the dirt
- Use baking soda in your hair to give your hair a deep clean and natural shine.
- Keep using natural hair products to remove the dirt and grease from your hair.
- Take a pack of tea tree oil and apply it on your hair to remove the residue of dirt.
Get Rid of Frizz
When you know that certain shampoo ingredients are bad for your hair, you might not think about your hair getting frizzy. What if we told you that using the wrong shampoo can make your hair even more frizzy?
Well, there are chemicals in shampoos that are causing hair to become full of the oils that make your hair healthy and strong. Learn how to get rid of frizz naturally!
How often have you looked in the mirror and wondered why your hair is so rough and bumpy? Well, you can thank the best clarifying shampoo for that! Women know that shampoo is going to get them shiny, but does it really? What you may not know is that some of these shampoos strip your hair of its natural oils, making it more dry and prone to damage.
Pick the right hairstyle
There are two kinds of hair when it comes to the hairstyle you should have. The first type is the wavy style. It is great for those who have curly or wavy hair. Use keratin hair products to style your hair properly and make it look beautiful and polished.
If you have a straight or coarse hairstyle, make sure you go for a good hair oil to nourish your hair and make it smooth. If you have a medium-length hairstyle, opt for a long hairstyle that you can grow it as long as you want to.
How to find the right shampoo? There are thousands of shampoos out there so how do you find the one that will treat your hair’s needs? A good tip is to try different kinds before you decide on one. Make sure it contains no artificial ingredients and also helps your hair to grow faster.
Shampooing hair can be a confusing process, and it’s really hard to pick the best shampoo for your hair type. It’s best to just see a professional for proper care. Now that you have a little help, it’s time to make some shampoo choices.